1.1 在车上 In the Taxi

出租车司机 : 欢迎您来到北京!请问您去哪里?

Taxi Driver : Welcome to Beijing! Where would you want to go?

外国游客 : 您好!我要去北京饭店。

Visitor : Hello! Beijing Hotel, please.

出租车司机 : 好的。行李要放到后备箱吗?

Taxi Driver : OK. Should I put your luggage in the boot?

外国游客 : 噢,好的,非常感谢。

Visitor : Yes, please, thank you!

出租车司机 : 不用客气,很高兴为您服务。请您从车门上车。

Taxi Driver : My pleasure. This door, please.

外国游客 : 好的,谢谢。

Visitor : Thank you!

出租车司机 : 请您系好安全带。

Taxi Driver : Your seat belt, please.

外国游客 : 这是我第一次来北京,这里有哪些最应该去游览的地方呢?

Visitor : This is my first visit to Beijing. What places should I see?

出租车司机 : 北京的着名历史文化景点有天坛、故宫、颐和园、雍和宫、八达岭长城和一些胡同。

Taxi Driver : There are plenty of places to see, like the Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, Yonghegong Lama Temple, the Great Wall and some hutongs.

外国游客 : 胡同?它们是什么呢?

Visitor : Hutongs? What are they?

出租车司机 : 在北京的老城区中 有许多小巷子,你在那可以看到古老的四合院。有些院子的历史超过一百年了。

Taxi Driver : You know, there are many nice little lanes in the old parts of Beijing. You can find many old-fashined, traditional courtyards. Some of them are more than one hundred years old.

外国游客 : 我怎么才能找到呢?

Visitor : But how do I know where to find them?

出租车司机 : 你可以雇一辆三轮车,三轮车夫就可以给您当导游。

Taxi Driver : Well, you can hire a pedicab and the driver can be your guide.

外国游客 : 太好了!那么北京有哪些特色美食呢?

Visitor : Great! Any local food I must not miss?

出租车司机 : 美食非常多,最有名的是北京烤鸭。

Taxi Driver : We have lots. Peking Duck is a must.

外国游客 : 我一定去吃一次。

Visitor : I’ve heard of that. I must try it.

出租车司机 : 希望您在北京旅行愉快!

Taxi Driver : Have a great time in our city!