5.2 学吃烤鸭How to Eat Peking Duck

服务员 : 您好,先生!您点的烤鸭到了。

Waiter : here is your Peking Duck!

外国游客 : 太好了,谢谢!哇,看起来很不错。不过请问您能教我怎么吃吗?

Visitor : Brilliant, thank you! Oh, look at that! Can you show me how to eat it?

服务员 : 好的。请您拿一张面皮,像这样放在手掌上,然后放上一块蘸好酱的鸭肉,再放上一些蔬菜丝和葱丝,把面皮卷起来,就可以吃了。

Waiter : No problem! Take a piece of pancake and put it in your palm, like this. Then take some duck meat, dip it in the sweet bean sauce, and add a few shreads of cucumber or spring onion. Roll up the pancake and it’s ready to eat!

外国游客 : 请问是这样吗?

Visitor : Like this?

服务员 : 是的,先生。

Waiter : Perfect.

Visitor : 哇,太棒了,太好吃了。盐水鸭肝也很棒。

外国游客 : Wow, brilliant. It’s so delicious. I also love the salted duck liver.

服务员 : 很高兴您喜欢。

Waiter : I’m happy you like it!

外国游客 : 谢谢您!不好意思,我不太会用筷子。

Visitor : Thank you! I’m sorry, I can’t use chopsticks so well.

服务员 : 需要我为您拿一副刀叉吗,先生?

Waiter : Sir, do you need a knife and fork?

外国游客 : 不用,谢谢。应该入乡随俗,您认为呢?

Visitor : No, thanks. When you are in China, do as the Chinese do. Don’t you think so?

服务员 : 您是对的。

Waiter : You’re right.