4.9 “一站地””One Stop’s Distance”

外国游客 : 请问“一站地”有多远?

Visitor : How far is “one stop’s distance”?

路人 : “一站地?

Passer-by : “One stop’s distance”?

外国游客 : 是的,很多人告诉我,从这里到友谊商店只有一站地。这是个很奇怪的计算方式呢!

Visitor : Yes… Lots of people tell me that the Friendship Store is just “one stop’s distance away” from here. That sure is an interesting way of giving distances!

路人 : 哦……你是说公交车的一站地有多远,我想大约是500米吧。

Passer-by : Oh… You mean the distance between two bus stops. I think it’s around 500 metres.

外国游客 : 为什么会这么计算呢?

Visitor : Why do you calculate distances like this?

路人 : 因为北京城里的公交车很多,到什么地方都可以坐公交车的。

Passer-by : There are lots of buses in Beijing, so you can catch a bus to anywhere.

外国游客 : 所以就用这个计算方式了?

Visitor : So that’s how you calculate distances?

路人 : 是的。

Passer-by : Oh, yes.

外国游客 : 既然一站是这么近,为什么还要坐车呢?

Visitor : If stops are so close, why take buses?

路人 : 如果真的只有一站地,北京人就是经常步行呀

Passer-by : Well, to get to a place just one stop away, we’d walk.

外国游客 : 真有意思!

Visitor : Interesting!

路人 : 一般来说,三站以内,大家都喜欢步行,要是再远一些,才会坐公交车。

Passer-by : Usually, we walk for distances up to “three stations’ distance”. For longer distanes, we take buses.

外国游客 : 原来是这样呀。

Visitor : Oh, right!