4.1 入关 Getting Through Customs

边检人员 : 您好,欢迎您来到美国。请出示一下您的护照。

Immigration Officer : Welcome to the United States. Your passport, please.

王先生 : 好的,这是我的护照。

Mr. Wang : Here you are.

边检人员 : 您此行到美国的主要目的是什么?

Immigration Officer : What’s your main purpose for coming to the US?

王先生 : 我来旅游,我要去纽约。

Mr. Wang : For tourism. I’m visiting New York.

边检人员 : 您是自己来的,还是跟团来的?

Immigration Officer : For tourism. I’m visiting New York.

王先生 : 自己来的。我办理的是旅游签证。

Mr. Wang : I’m here on my own. I have a tourist visa.

边检人员 : 好,您打算在本国呆多长时间呢?

Immigration Officer : I’m here on my own. I have a tourist visa.

王先生 : 两个星期左右吧,不超过20天。

Mr. Wang : I’m here on my own. I have a tourist visa.

边检人员 : 您在美国住在什么地方呢?

Immigration Officer : Where will you stay?

王先生 : 我住在纽约市林肯街 15 号,维斯汀酒店。

Mr. Wang : I’ll be at the Westin Hotel, on 15 Lincoln Street, New York City.

边检人员 : 您有酒店的预订单吗?

Immigration Officer : Do you have a hotel reservation?

王先生 : 有的。给您。

Mr. Wang : Do you have a hotel reservation?

边检人员 : 能给我看一下您的行程单吗?包括返程机票。

Immigration Officer : Can I have a look at your itinerary? Including return flight ticket, please.

王先生 : 当然可以,给您。

Mr. Wang : Of course, here you are.

边检人员 : 好的……您结婚了吗?

Immigration Officer : OK… are you married?

王先生 : 我还是单身。

Mr. Wang : I’m still single.

边检人员 : 我的问题问完了,我需要您配合看一下电脑上方的这个摄像头,需要给您拍一张照片。还有您需要按一下这个指纹仪,先是拇指,然后是其余四指。

Immigration Officer : Good, thanks for answering my questions. Please look at this camera on top of the computer; I’ll need your photo…and your fingerprints. Start with the thumb first, then continue with the other four fingers.

王先生 : 好的,没问题。

Mr. Wang : OK, no problem.

边检人员 : 谢谢您的合作,这是您的护照,请收好。

Immigration Officer : Thank you for cooperating with us. Please take your passport.

王先生 : 好的,谢谢。

Mr. Wang : Thank you.

海关官员 : 您好,请问您的身上是否携带了现金,如果有,您带了多少钱?

Customs Officer : Excuse me. Do you have cash on you? If so, how much?

王先生 : 带了,1,000美元,还有一张信用卡。

Mr. Wang : Yes, I’ve cash with me. $1,000. And a credit card.

海关官员 : 对不起,先生,我们需要打开您的行李查看一下。

Customs Officer : Sir. Can you please open your baggage for inspection?

王先生 : 好的,没问题。

Mr. Wang : Sure, no problem.

海关官员 : 我们看到了一个没有包装的透明方块状物体,能告诉我们是做什么用的吗?

Customs Officer : Can you tell me what that unwrapped transparent cube is for?

王先生 : 哦,这些不过是肥皂而已。

Mr. Wang : Oh, that’s soap.

海关官员 : 你用它们做什么呢?

Customs Officer : What do you use that for?

王先生 : 用来洗衣物。

Mr. Wang : I use that to wash my clothes.

海关官员 : 您携带了水果或鲜肉食品吗?

Customs Officer : Do you have any fruit or meat with you?

王先生 : 没有,我只带了些日用品、衣物和一些小礼品。

Mr. Wang : No, I only have my daily necessities, clothes, and some gifts.

海关官员 : 有珠宝之类的贵重物品吗?

Customs Officer : Do you have anything precious on you, such as jewellery?

王先生 : 没有。

Mr. Wang : No.

海关官员 : 好的谢谢,您可以走了。抱歉给您带来不便。

Customs Officer : OK, may go now. Sorry for taking up your time.

王先生 : 没关系的。再见。

Mr. Wang : No problem. Good-bye.